Today i look for articles about special gift idea and i get this article. Read this and get your special gift specially :)
What Gifts Are Common?
Every parent should keep their budget in mind and not spend what they can’t afford, but there are other gifts you can consider:
- Vehicle – If you can afford a new vehicle for your college grad, then this can be a very special gift. If a used or pre-owned vehicle fits your budget better, before you start shopping, learn tips on purchasing a new or pre-owned vehicle to ensure you make a good choice.
- Vehicle Extras – If your college graduate already has a vehicle, why not consider obtaining an extended warranty or service contract? Keep in mind that many aftermarket service contract companies do go out of business from time to time, so buy a manufacturer’s service contract or extended warranty.
- Apartment Expenses – Often that new apartment means move in fees and other fees your college grad may not be able to afford. Consider paying all the fees including deposits and first and last month’s rent to help your child.
- Trips – Nothing is better to offer your college grad than a trip or cruise to that special place.
- Computers & Printers - If your child doesn't have a personal computer, laptop or printer, which are more of a necessity these days, consider them a good idea for a college graduation gift.
Gifts to AvoidWhen considering the average college graduation gift amount from parents of a graduate, there are certain gifts to avoid or let others obtain:
- Filofax, Appointment Book, Desk Sets – Not only can these be a personal choice, they are often less expensive and are an affordable gift for friends and relatives.
- Pets – While a fish may be a good pet choice, if you’re child is moving into an apartment, they may not be allowed to have a dog or cat so avoid pets.
Reference from : http://www.brighthub.com/education/college/articles/69018.aspx